Old 13-05-2004, 10:08 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default FAQs

The message
from gary davis top-posted these words:

I can relate to that...oops.

You're new to the internet, we can tell.

No doubt you see many nuisance posts to this group; regular posters
who are endlessly rude or abusive to others, or decline to conform to
netiquette. Some of them may even maliciously encourage you to do the
same. To the beginner, such posts may create the impression that
anything goes here and any degree of discourtesy is patiently tolerated
by gardening posters.

That would be a serious mistake. Experienced usenetters use a
killfile, a simple click of the mouse on a name, which means that their
newsreader automatically deletes all messages from that nuisance, and we
simply never see them.

Janet