Old 13-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Sacha

Default OT Customers from hell

D Russell13/5/04 2:31
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Rhiannon S12/5/04 8:05

Subject: OT Customers from hell
From: Sacha

Date: 12/05/2004 15:50 GMT Daylight Time
Rhiannon S12/5/04 1:01

From: Sacha

Date: 11/05/2004 16:57 GMT Daylight Time
- but I cannot begin to imagine what gets into people or where their
wits are, if they think this is any way to behave *anywhere*, let

alone in
someone else's garden!

For that we can say "Thank You Mrs Thatcher", who taught us all that

other
people don't count, there is no such thing as society, and of course,

as
long
as I get my fun noone else matters.
--

I don't think so. Mrs Thatcher was very punctilious from what I

recall.
She was very squashing to a radio interviewer who suggested that she

didn't
say "good morning" to each of her interlocutors so as to 'save time'.

Her
view appeared to be that time spent on small courtesies wasn't wasted!
Had she been here on Sunday this bloke would have been handbagged into

the
pond himself!

Possibly, but it was the "there is no such thing as society" attitude

that
allowed the abdication of societal respect. If there is no such thing

as
society then you can do whatever you please and bugger anyone who feels

put
out.

There's no 'possibly' about it. If people are growing up with bad manners
and no respect for others or their property, it's the fault of their
upbringing, not our politicians. You might just as well blame Tony Blair

or
John Prescott or Ian Hague or Charles Kennedy.

*Parents* raise children.

To suggest otherwise is to excuse the behaviour we saw here. I have three
adult children and so does my husband. If they behaved in such a fashion

now
or when growing up I wouldn't dream of blaming a politician none of us had
even met.
*That*, IMO, is what leads to the idea that we abdicate responsibility for
ourselves and our children and that anyone but the perpetrator is
responsible for their own poor behaviour, thus excusing it and empowering
it. Neither Mrs Thatcher, nor the man in the moon, led that man to behave
as he did in our home. His own wretched morals did that.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Absolutely, coudln't agree more with all this, it's amazing how many people
love to blame "something else", oh it's education, it's society, it's
politicians, I mean if that was that case, then it would be fair to say that
there never used to be jobs, there never used to be crime, there never used
to be any problems at all, and it's tantamount to sticking your head in the
sand and saying it's not my fault, it's not my problem, and there in lies
the real problem.

Not enough people think about the consequences of their actions, they do not
consider other people to be important, and this leads to most of the current
social problems we witness, and in fact probably always has.

Duncan

p.s. In this case, I think the man was obviously a pig, used to bullying
people and getting away with it, great that Ray stood up to him, and even
better that he backed down and effectively ran away with his tail between
his legs. Shame you can't stick up some notice effectively banning him and
his from your plot in future.

To be frank, I doubt he'll return - I really do hope not. He made a
complete fool of himself in front of our staff and his own wife - though it
is most certainly debatable that he will see it that way. In fact, Ray said
that one of the most frustrating things about dealing with this man was not
his sheer piggery, but the fact that whatever Ray said to him in an attempt
at reason, failed to hit the mark because the bloke was simply too thick.
He thought me asking him, politely, to take his dog back to their car made
me "an ignorant cow". There isn't much you can do with such oiks, IMO
except hope they don't breed.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)