Old 13-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Sacha

Default OT Customers from hell

tuin man13/5/04 8:02

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Rhiannon S12/5/04 8:05

There's no 'possibly' about it. If people are growing up with bad manners
and no respect for others or their property, it's the fault of their
upbringing, not our politicians.

I wondered if "upbringing" was included in John Edgar's;
"I think you can blame the education system."

Is not upbringing part of the education system?
His post did not define that point.

snip

With a little help from *Society*

Patrick

PARENTS raise CHILDREN in my view and I'm inclined to think anything else is
a cop out. If parents don't like the way a school educates children in its
social aspects then they, the parents, must strive to ensure changes are
made. My children went to day schools, boarding schools, back to day
schools and in one case to a 6th form college. I brought them up alone for
the most part and I was rigorous about good manners and behaviour, even when
it would have been SO much easier not to bother. At no point did I consider
it the sole responsibility of the school to teach my child/ren their
manners, their morals or their 'social' good behaviour. AND if I thought
any of those schools were at fault, I said so.
I would suggest that Society 'helps' only by accepting or rejecting, by
which time it may be too late for the individual.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)