Old 13-05-2004, 11:22 PM
Sacha

Default Seed, or insect egg?

[H]omer13/5/04 8:12
On Thu, 13 May 2004 08:44:56 +0100, Martin Sykes wrote:

"[H]omer" wrote in message
news
Whilst re-potting a miniature rose, I found a hell of a lot of these:

3mm in diameter.
Yellow.
Hard (brittle) thin shell.
Perfectly spherical.
One half was sometimes semi-translucent.
Filled with a white, milky fluid and a single black "spot".
"Pop" quite loudly when burst.

Could be slow-release fertilizer. Have you just bought the rose or had it
been in the old pot for a long time?

Been in that pot since we bought it.

Fertiliser? OK great, that's a relief. Never seen fertiliser like that
before.

Thanks.

-
[H]omer

Don't worry about it. Every year there is at least one person who has never
seen these and is understandably concerned about them because they are
unknown. Nurseries use them quite a lot and we mix them into some composts
as a 'standard issue'.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk