Old 14-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Stew4rtLittle

Default Dog question

It's a chain link fence. My neighbors don't like us because the dogs kept
on barking all through the night and we couldn't sleep so I said something
about it to "Mr. Too Good" and he never has spoke to us again. His wife
does though. In fact, after the talk they even got another dog thinking it
would keep the other one quiet. After awhile they stopped barking. Now I
have to deal with this.
"Anonny Moose" wrote in message
What kind of fence is it? Can you erect a short barrier to block the pee?
Spraying the fence with your scent will probably cause the dogs to urinate
there even more if it's territorial marking. If you water the area well

pee
shouldn't kill the grass though. The poop smell is another story... and
short of asking your neighbors to move the kennel, I doubt there is

anything
you can do. I sympathize. Our neighbors started raising pigs on the
fenceline a short distance upwind of our house. Smelled so bad we couldn't
sit in the back yard or even open the windows! We complained as tactfully

as
possible and were lucky -- after the pigs got to slaughtering age they
didn't replace them. Can you invite your neighbor over for a picnic

lunch -
set up next to your garden of course so the poop smell is unavoidable...
then if you apologize for the smell, well, how can they not get the hint!
Good luck.
Karen

"Stew4rtLittle" wrote in message
My neighbors have two dogs and they put there kennel right by my

gardens.
My gardens are in three boxes about 2.5 feet away from the fence that

the
dogs are at. The dogs pee through the fence and kill the grass around

my
garden boxes. Are there any plants I can put along the fence that dogs
don't like or go near? Someone told me to pee in a squirt bottle and

spray
it on the fence and the dogs won't pee there again. Is this true? I

don't
like the smell of dog poop when I am working in my garden! Any

suggestions?

Thank you