Old 14-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Lemmonie Lemmonie is offline
Registered User

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,

Im a newbie named Lemmonie or Melanie depending on how well i know you!

Im am 27 and last august i brought a house with a fab landscaped garden which looked beautiful. Well since then of course nasty old winter came along and i was pushed headfast into gardening.
Armed with a new pair of secators(SP?) i set about cutting everything down. I also followed my mothers advise about weeding which basically went "if you dont like it, pull it out"

So far this has worked for me although i did later feel an awful lot of regret about pulling out a beautiful huge Acer which was in the wrong place in my front garden.

Dispite this however i am slowly trying to gain a better understanding of my garden and how i can make the most of it.

I really dont know anything about gardening and only know the names of a few plants in my garden but i DO know that i am loving watching my garden come back to life after the winter and really enjoy watching the plants grow.

If anyone could come up with a very simple quide to what the following terms mean i would be truely grateful.

please dont laugh at my ignorence though!

Perennials
hardy perennials
annual
etc etc