Old 14-05-2004, 02:11 PM
martin

Default Hornets

On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:47:23 +0100, "Stuart"
wrote:

I have them in my garden. Well, not IN my garden but they do fly into it
and then into my kitchen and they scare the hell out of me.

I can i get them to stay away?

Try having a sarracenia aka North American pitcher plant in your kitchen.
They are very efficient insect catchers, and some are very good at catching
wasps and hornets, especially sarracenia alata or sarracenia leucophylla.
They thrive on sunny windowsills and are pretty easy to grow.

Half a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale in a jam jar has the same effect
and is far easier to propagate.