Old 14-05-2004, 02:12 PM
D Russell

Default Hornets

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:56:27 GMT, Lemmonie
wrote:

I have them in my garden. Well, not IN my garden but they do fly into it
and then into my kitchen and they scare the hell out of me.

I can i get them to stay away?

Short answer - no

Long answer - noooo

They look pretty fierce, but they have an undeserved reputation - and
they appear to be quite docile as long as you leave them alone.

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Notes/Yoiks.htm

Be philosophical - they beat having crap neighbours hands down.

So very true, but at this time of year there's also a lot of last years wasp
queens looking for nesting sites, are you sure it's not just one of those
???
Duncan

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk