Old 14-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Glenna Rose

Default tomato leaves eaten....

writes:
In article ,
Katra wrote:
Hmmmm... I wonder if I can get PVC pipes big enough to slide rat traps
into? That would protect my birds.

That sounds like a good idea. You might try the pinch traps for
gophers with a bait that take some work to get (to make sure the trap
is triggered), and put it inside a piece of 4" sewer pipe -- it's
cheap, durable, yet easy to cut (try a heavy old serrated knife, the
kind they advertise as being able to cut frozen stuff and tin cans).

A pruning saw works well also as does a saber saw with a medium blade
(drill a large hole first to start the blade).

Glenna