Old 14-05-2004, 07:08 PM
dps

Default Tired of bumping my string trimmer

default wrote:
...What are you doing with the shovels that's causing the handles
to break, and isn't there a different tool for doing that?

Some of them break from trying to pry rocks out of the New England soil
and some of them get lost in the tall grass and I drive over them with
the tractor (or occasionally the mower). In unusual circumstances, the
handles will rot from being left out in the weather for several years
(those are the ones that last the longest). Shovels get used for quick
fence posts, row markers, wheel chocks and anti-woodchuck implements.
There must be 1001 ways to (ab)use a shovel.

I *did* put them in the class of tool that were abused.