Old 14-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Franz Heymann

Default What shop-bought vegetables should NOT be composted?

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains

these words:

I am genuinely surprised that the dollopy stuff you mention are
agar-based. I thought agar was much more expensive than gelatine.

It
is also a laxative.

BSE put paid to animal-based gelatine in foods, surely?
Next time you're passing the little-pots-of-glop-desserts in the
supermarket, take look at the ingredients-list :-(

I'd fogotten that one. {:-((
Since the meat is once again on the market, why are they scared of the
cow's foot jelly?
I confess that, since
(1) we don't eat that stuff,
and
(20 I sit and snooze in the car while my better half does the
supermarket shopping,
I have never looked at an ingredients list.

Do they mention its laxative properties on the packaging?

Franz