Old 14-05-2004, 10:07 PM
tuin man

Default OT Customers from hell

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
tuin man13/5/04 8:02

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Rhiannon S12/5/04 8:05

There's no 'possibly' about it. If people are growing up with bad

manners
and no respect for others or their property, it's the fault of their
upbringing, not our politicians.

I wondered if "upbringing" was included in John Edgar's;
"I think you can blame the education system."

Is not upbringing part of the education system?
His post did not define that point.

snip

With a little help from *Society*

Patrick

PARENTS raise CHILDREN in my view and I'm inclined to think anything else

is
a cop out. If parents don't like the way a school educates children in

its
social aspects then they, the parents, must strive to ensure changes are
made. My children went to day schools, boarding schools, back to day
schools and in one case to a 6th form college. I brought them up alone for
the most part and I was rigorous about good manners and behaviour, even

when
it would have been SO much easier not to bother. At no point did I

consider
it the sole responsibility of the school to teach my child/ren their
manners, their morals or their 'social' good behaviour. AND if I thought
any of those schools were at fault, I said so.
I would suggest that Society 'helps' only by accepting or rejecting, by
which time it may be too late for the individual.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Despite having no children myself, reading your post I am inclined to arrive
at a judgement to say well done. And, might I add a little thank-you from
*Society*
That said, though you have done much for your offspring, there are those who
have made similar effort, but because some extraordinary bad luck, or
something, their offspring have turn out to be bad 'uns.
I think I know one such dimwit. A new tenant arrived in this building I'm
in. First week I had to hammer on her door so forcibly that the door, which
was not latched, was inclined to open with each blow. Yet, inspite of the
hammering there was no reply. There was no reply, because she couldn't hear
me. And that was because her music was so loud... It really was that
loud...ooh and I'm in the next room, with nowt but a plaster wall
in-between.
Last week, I think twice in one day and once every day.
On a Saturday morning at 4:35am... and with an exercise machine that caused
the entire floor to shake.
Each time she is very polite and full of excuses, whilst playing dumb. Like,
it's because of "stress at work," was the early rise excuse, or "oops, I
tend to hold the remote control when exercising and so loose control." (gee,
now I wonder what the solution to that one might be).
Her excuses concern herself. Anyone else here would first think about others
beforehand and so problems would not arise to begin with.
Her solutions are equally self serving... she asked me to submit a diary so
that she can know when I'm expecting to be around, so as not to bother me.
Then it was a big eye opener her to her when I suggested that she would need
diaries from all the neighbours as well.
I haven't even touched on how she leaves the bathroom after her. She seems
to have an aversion to even rinsing her hairs etc off the bath, or flushing
the loo. Oh, and as for the kitchen.... don't even go there!
Indeed, I returned from a weekend working out of London to find my fridge
space taken over and last night, she had left a kitchen made for 3, so
cluttered with food, rubbish and ware that I had to move some of it to make
enough space to place a bowl, in order to fill it with cornflakes.
Yet, she is so amazed each time to find there's something about her
behaviour which isn't working for the rest of us.
The landlady has already had to ask her did her mother not teach her how to
clean up after herself (the answer was; yes)
It was a question to which I already suspected the true answer would have
still have being yes, because they are that sort of family and I'm fairly
sure her mother did as good as you.
It just hasn't paid off.

So, pat your self on the back, but then feel lucky also.

Patrick