Old 15-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Matthew Donadio

Default Growers that we trust

"Rob Halgren" wrote in message
"Matthew Donadio" wrote in message
I know my lesson now. I only buy from a few growers who I trust...

What happens when you don't trust anybody?

Well, I could be paranoid now, but there is a difference between buying from
a grower who you know keeps an eye out for problems, and buying from someone
who could really care less.

My problem plant came from either Home Deopt or a local produce store. Home
Depot is a bug factory, and this produce store was just trying to make a
fast buck. I examine all of my plants upon arrival, but I do not want to
take chances anymore from known problems.

FWIW, some growers ship plants with pest-free cetification from the state.
I bought a few Phrags recently, and was surprised when I saw the stickers on
the outside of the box saying so (they still got examined, though).

Or perhaps a better phrase might be Regan's "Trust, but verify".

I think the true origin of this phrase may be the KGB...

--Matt