Old 15-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Amy D

Default Help...Hibiscus is getting yellow leaves!

junkyardcat wrote:

Now my Hibiscus is turning yellow at the bottom...anyone have an idea

why?
It's in a big pot in the sun...do I need to move it to partial shade? Or
maybe feed it something special? It's got plenty of water so I don't

think
that's the problem.

Thanks for any help!
Angie

I am plant-stupid but learning since moving to southern Alabama. I
learn by trial and error. Anyway, I've decided hibiscus is pretty tough
long-term and can survive alot of abuse although it might not look
pretty and are pretty fragile in the short-term. I bought a hibiscus
bush last spring and planted it in the ground. It flowered beautifully
all summer. Then we moved in October and I decided I wanted to take it
with me so dug it up and put it in a big pot. While it was sitting in
the yard ready to get on the moving truck the dogs mangled all my potted
plants and the hibiscus was about the only to survive -- a little worse
for the wear. I kept it in the house over the winter and it bloomed in
my kitchen in October and November. Then ALL the leaves fell off and I
thought it was dead. So I kept my "dead" hibiscus bush in the house in
a corner until about March then stuck it out in the yard and mulched it
and tossed in a little fertilizer and a prayer. It fully leafed out and
is beginning to bloom.

Hope you figure out why the leaves are yellowing but never give up on it!

amy