Old 15-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Thomas

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

It won't bother it. In fact, there is a school of thought that to increase
production of tomato flowers and fruits is to (literally) beat or flog the
plant. I have read of this many times, but not tried it. I've had plants
that have the main stalks split in half almost to the ground. They will
repair themselves and continue to produce.
you don't have to pamper your tomatoes.
"Dr." wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a question hopefully someone with some experience can answer.

One of my heirloom tomato plants I started from seed (only one of this
variety...) somehow had the top broke off of it. There are 2 small

branches
below the break, and they're developing suckers. The plant is the "Aussie"
variety, and is currently about a foot tall or so. What's left below the
break looks healthy.

Is it worth giving this plant a chance? I have enough (15) tomato plants
that I don't really need a huge harvest off of it. It, along with about a
dozen other heirloom varieties, I'm growing for the first time this year.
I'd at least like to get a few tomatoes off of that plant to see how good
they are.

If anyone is interested in which varieties, and would like comment on

their
experience with them, they a

1884
Aussie'