Old 15-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Thomas

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

Good, because unless it makes the tomato taste better, I'm relatively
certain you'd get better production just by planting another plant.

Good? lmao Your "relative certainty" probably would not be correct. I'm
unclear on how letting the plant continue to grow after damage would affect
taste. I'm unclear on how treatment of a plant affects taste. That would be
a product of variety, planting conditions, soil type, etc., not to mention
variables such as amount and type of watering, amount and type of fertilizer
(eg. synthetic/organic) and not limited to those criteria...

By the way,
Please advise the group on the definition of a "grope suit". Clearly you
have experience in this realm , and we would love to know more. Please
elaborate.

"belly" wrote in message
k.net...
On Fri, 14 May 2004 21:04:31 -0500 in
, "Thomas"
graced the world with this thought:

In fact, there is a school of thought that to increase
production of tomato flowers and fruits is to (literally) beat or flog

the
plant. I have read of this many times, but not tried it.

Good, because unless it makes the tomato taste better, I'm relatively
certain you'd get better production just by planting another plant.

Did the places you read this suggest you to wear a grope suit while
you did this?