Old 15-05-2004, 07:06 AM
Dave S

Default Java ferns.

"W" wrote in message
news:L6bpc.9349$RM.3939@edtnps89...
i just did a big vacuum of my tank. My java ferns havent looked very good
since i got them. A week ago i started co2 with a bubble counter and

every
week i use some liquid flourish. the java ferns have some black edges and
holes on them, they are also slightly curled inwards. the affected areas
are worse near the tips.i also added some extra light so i've had a bit of
an algae bloom. today i thought i would rub off some algae and i

discovered
a bunch of things growing on the back of the leaves. i'm not sure what

they
are, if i had to guess i'd say its growing new rizomes off its leaves but

thought that was supposed to happen underground. anyone know what this

is?
i'm also wonder what sort of water conditions java ferns like, ph, gh,

etc.
thanks, W.

Hi W - You may find this useful:
http://www.aquahobby.com/garden/pjavafern.html