Old 15-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Katra

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article .net,
(Rez) wrote:

In article , Katra
wrote:
Hmmmm... I wonder if I can get PVC pipes big enough to slide rat traps
into? That would protect my birds.

That sounds like a good idea. You might try the pinch traps for
gophers with a bait that take some work to get (to make sure the trap
is triggered), and put it inside a piece of 4" sewer pipe -- it's
cheap, durable, yet easy to cut (try a heavy old serrated knife, the
kind they advertise as being able to cut frozen stuff and tin cans).

~REZ~

I'm going to have to look in to gopher traps...
The rats have dug a series of tunnels under the rocks in the dog kennel.
:-( I can't really get to them without tearing out the rocks and they
will just all run away.

I could put gopher traps at the entrances of the burrows! eg I never
thought of that.

Thanks! :-)

Those are also less likely to catch pigeons if I choose to use them out
in the open.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...