Old 15-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Katra

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article . net,
(Rez) wrote:

In article , Katra
wrote:
That is why I have to be SO careful with poison baits. I use the bar
bait and put it into suet cages so the rats cannot carry it off, and
make sure it stays under cover with crumb control.

Try a livetrap, baited with dog food (put the dog food into a glass
jar with a metal lid with holes punched in it, so the rats can smell
it real well but can't eat it), the kind that can catch several rats
per load. The smell of rats attracts more rats, especially if one dies
and the rest start eating it. (Same goes for mice.)

You can get livetraps made of sheet metal which removes temptation
from birds (since they can't see into it). Tomahawk Trap Co. might
make some, not sure. I have some of their wire traps that I use for
pest rabbits.

~REZ~

Live traps don't work well for Norway rats...

They are too smart. Been there, done that, caught a few youngsters but
no adults. :-(

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...