Old 15-05-2004, 02:13 PM
John Edgar

Default OT Customers from hell

No John, I'm sorry to say that stating that I'm not part of "a significant
portion" is a rather poor argument. You remind me of a coversation, when I
was younger, between myself, my father and my mother. Halfway through my
father's telling off, my mother quickly added, isn't that just what your
father used to say to you?

John
In limine sapientiae

John
In limine sapientiae

What's the problem? If your grandfather was right in telling off your
father, then maybe your father was right in telling off you? That is
how some standards of behaviour become just that: standards of
behaviour. I appreciate that change must occur, but that implies that
new standards are set. What the complaints are about now, I believe,
is that there simply are no standards, and that is perhaps because
people like your grandfather and father are no longer doing their
children favours by setting them right on certain issues. They could
be setting them wrong as well, I suppose.
John
In limine sapientiae