Old 15-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Hillary Israeli

Default tomato weather question

In ,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:

*Assuming that the early group doesn't actually get damaged by frosts
*(which have occured in my garden in the last half of May) they will not
*bear any earlier than later planted tomatoes.

Well, I wasn't hoping for earlier bearing. I was just WONDERING if they'd
be permanently stunted or anything, or if they'd just grow normally (again
assuming no actual frost) or what.

*Personally, rushing them out has no gain with the potential for loss or
*having to do a lot of extra fiddly work protecting them from frost. So
*what's the advantage? I start my plants late enough indoors so I'm

Yes, it actually has a lot of advantage for me. We don't all have the
ability to grow inside. Frankly, between the 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old
humans and the two cats, I'm lucky if anything manages to survive
germination inside. It is MUCH MUCH safer for plants outside at my house.
Trust me.