Old 15-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Dr.

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
news:fc.003d094101c5b4513b9aca002e8c3c27.1c5b479@p mug.org...
ed writes:

Is it worth giving this plant a chance?

Absolutely! By the end of summer, you likely won't even know it was
damaged.

Excellent! I'm very much looking forward to trying this variety.

Brandywine

Not pretty but absolutely delicious, both raw and cooked. It gives
relish, etc., a sweeter flavor than otherwise with many other tomatoes

Green Zebra

I love this one and have a great deal of fun with it when I give away
tomato baskets. People think it's green and needs to be let ripen. They
are skeptical. LOL

I grew a Green Zebra plant last year. I received a free pack of seeds for
them when I placed an order with a seed company for some other seeds. They
made wonderful salsa, with diced avocado, sweet bell pepper, fully ripe
cubanelle pepper, thoroughly seeded and deveined Habanero pepper, sweet
onion, garlic, and cilantro. They made great tasting stewed tomatoes also.

I grow a lot of heirlooms some of which can be seen on my 2002 web page
(*very* outdated with the last entries made in August of 2002, lazy
webmaster here g). Scroll all the way to the bottom for thumbnails of
larger images of signs for friends who sell tomato plants.

Heirlooms are wonderful!

Glenna
www.pacifier.com/~glenna

Nice page. I also have a page set up (well, partially). Sounded like a good
idea at the time, but I never get around to updating/completing.

Thanks,
Gary