Old 15-05-2004, 04:10 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Question - Bare Root Orchid Plants

I apologize, I missed the thread, but I would like to find out when does
this apply? Is it something that is done when you receive plants via mail or
as an occasional treatment?

Mariana

"Ray" wrote in message
George Norris of Spring Orchid Specialties advocates the following:

In one gallon of 80°F water, dissolve:
One cup of sugar
5 drops of SuperThrive
One teaspoon vitamin E

I have taken that a step farther since hearing Alan Koch of Gold Country

Orchids, adding 1/2
teaspoon of STEM (soluble trace element mixture).

In any case, soak the plant for two- to four hours.

"IiSpankyii" wrote in message
Hi. Someone had mentioned soaking bare root plants in a rooting

solution. Can
someone elaborate on this a bit? Thanks for any info.