Old 15-05-2004, 04:11 PM
bmuller

Default Recovery from Heron Attack???

I also have a population of former feeder goldfish I have had for 15 or so
years. I had a heron attack about 3 years ago that cut the number to about
10% of former times, and took mainly the bigger fish. The goldfish took a
month (what was left of them) to recover their former behavior.

Have your goldfish developed interesting genetic modifications? I have
colors ranging from nearly white to very dark greenish gold and almost
black, and all kinds of fancy finnage.

"Gary" wrote in message
om...
Yesterday, I made the sad discovery that my goldfish suffered a
probable heron attack. It looks like the heron got about half of my
30+ goldfish. The survivors are all spooked (naturally) and won't
even come up for food.