Old 15-05-2004, 04:12 PM
William W. Plummer

Default Tired of bumping my string trimmer

"Roy" wrote in message

On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:10:49 -0500, "RoyDMercer"
wrote:

==="zxcvbob" wrote in message
=== I have an Echo line trimmer (SRM-2200) that I bought almost 20

years
=== ago, and I believe it uses .095 line, which lasts pretty well.

But for
=== when I'm cutting tough weeds and brambles, I replace the head with

=== lawnmower blade.
===
===My echo trimmer (SRM-2400SB) is only 9 years old. I'm glad to hear

yours is
===still going strong after 20.
===

I have a Jonsered brush / string trimmer straight shaft, 40cc engine
that has never missed a beat and is close to 25 years old. Wore out
many line heads of various styles, wore out many of the steel brush
blades but have never spent a penny on the machine yet other than air
cleaner and spark plug etc. Starts right up time after time.

I've had a HomeLite SX-135 for about 10 years with no problems whatsoever.