Old 15-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Steveo

Default Help with redoing the lawn (sod on bad, rocky ground)

"William W. Plummer" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Timothy wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2004 00:48:32 +0000, Steveo wrote:

"William W. Plummer" wrote:
Quick fix: annual rye grass ("builders' grass") Good fix: any mix

with
a high percentage of "tall fescue" seed. It sends roots 2-3' down
to get water and doesn't get brown in summer.

Do you have a link to this tall fescue with 2-3' roots?

I've used a tall fescue called "crew cut" which is said to have up to
18 inches of root and 13 inches of mature hight. 3 foot... hmm, do I
smell

fish story ..? lol

It might be a pasture fescue, would you plant that in
your lawn?

Tall Fescue was derived from a weed grass. You can find it in the Ortho
weed book.
Scotts has finally come out with a tall fescue, Rebel II is a label
you'll see, and I seem to recall a company named York having a product.
You must read the labels, looking for "tall fescue" only in the mix.
Other fescues won't help you.

You don't have to tell me what turf type tall fescue is. So I
ask you again..Do you have a link to this tall fescue with
2-3' roots?

--
http://www.allpar.com/mopar.html