Old 15-05-2004, 05:07 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Help - New Large Koi Pond

I'm only seeing this post and no replies. Did anyone reply to Jeff, I'd
like to know if I'm missing posts?

Jeff, Check out www.akca.org Click on Koi Health Advisor for some indepth
material. Then come back here and ask all the questions you want. You can
also purchase books from them, if you prefer reading it that way.

Personally, if I had that much room, I'd have a plant shelf 3/4th of the
way around it at about 12"- 18" deep, 2 to 3 feet wide and then drop it to
4-5 feet, using 3 bottom drains and several skimmers. That way I could have
plants and a safe deep place for my koi. ) ~ jan

On 28 Apr 2004 18:16:29 -0700, (Jeff) wrote:

We have a large spring fed pond on our property - 45x55, that we are
trying to make into a koi pond. It has a couple of trees around it but
mostly sunny area. We are getting conflicting advise, from the need
for filters, liners, caves, ledges, plants vs no plants, etc to being
told just circulate the water and throw in the fish. Where can we get
good advise - most of the books seem to be for much smaller ponds. We
are in Upper Makefield PA, 35 mi north of Philly Thanks
- Jeff