Old 15-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Ray

Default Award on tag but......?

Oops! I should have said that the "pod parent" had an HCC, but you don't know which one.

Even if the cross that was given a provisional award, it would need a cultivar name as well, as in
Lc. (C. walkeriana x L. sincorana) 'My Plant' HCC/AOS (provisional)

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"Kenni Judd" wrote in message ...
No, Wendy, the pollen parent is supposed to come first. However, if the
plant were registered, the reciprocal cross would get the same name [you
would have to maintain the parentage info to know which way it went].

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids
"wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks Ray, so the pollen parent comes first on the tag no? So
then shouldn't the award be after the first plant in the cross?

--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Ray wrote:
No. The AOS requires that you provide a cultivar name to distinguish
it from others.

A label such as that indicates that the pollen parent was a plant
that had an HCC, not which particular cultivar that was.

"wendy7" wrote in message
Can you have an award without a clonal name?
eg.
C. walkeriana X L. sincorana HCC/AOS