Old 15-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Award on tag but......?

Correction: Sorry, I apparently mis-typed. The _pod_ parent is supposed to
come first. [I could swear that's what I typed G]. But in actual
practice, this is often unknown, esp. with crosses, like Love Knot, that
have been re-made more than once. For example, if I got in a batch of Love
Knot, they would probably be labelled only with that name, and not with the
actual parentage as well. So for purposes of giving parentage on my tags, I
go with the way it was first registered, but it is always possible that that
particular batch could have been made by the reciprocal cross.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
No, Wendy, the pollen parent is supposed to come first. However, if the
plant were registered, the reciprocal cross would get the same name [you
would have to maintain the parentage info to know which way it went].