Old 15-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Brian

Default Sharpening seceteurs

Very simply an emery covered nail file does a good job. Both sides of the
blade ONLY if it's an 'anvil' cut. It is, however, easy to make a poor edge
even worse; if you have no sharpening experience.
Best Wishes Brian.

"Mike" wrote in message

"Mark Allison" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to sharpen my secateurs, but I can't seem to find a sharpening
steel in any garden centre. Can I just use the kitchen one? Or do I need
something else?

Thanks.
--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Mark, at the risk of teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, do you know

what
you are doing? Secateurs, shears and scissors with a cross over action

only
have the outer edge sharpened. Try to out a nice edge by sharpwning BOTH
side, and you might as well throw them away.

Having said that and ducking 'cos you knew', I use an ordinary carpenters
oil stone on all scissors shears and secateurs.

Mike