Old 15-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Emrys Davies

Default Weed identification

Thanks for your help Stephen and Chris. Silly me, I have a photo. of
Creeping Buttercup in a book, but I had failed to identify it from that.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Chris" wrote in message

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
: On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:46:24 +0100, "Emrys Davies"
: wrote:
:
: A clump of weeds which are thriving in a shaded area next-door are
: trying unsuccessfully to invade my garden under a gravel board and

I am
: trying to identify it.
:
: It has long runners which travel about 3" underground and it throws

up
: an abundance of about 2' long, mostly single, stems, the first few
: inches of which are purple. The remainder of the stem is green
:
: Nearly all of the foliage is at the tip of the plant and it is

quite
: similar to a slim version of curly parsley.
:
: Any ides please?
:
: Creeping buttercup?