Old 15-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Crocosmia - a record?

The message
from "Robert" contains these words:

"andrewpreece" wrote in message
... I also found clumps
of Crocosmia which were very congested and hardly flowering at all. After
: digging up the clumps I find that the oldest ones have 17 corms stacked
one on top of the other.
: The books recommend no more than three years betwen dividing clumps.
: I've knocked off the excess corms and replanted but I imagine that I'll
not
: get a display this year, it being rather late to do this kind of thing.

Replanted them !!!! Some of us spend time trying to get rid of them and you
replant them lol. Only joking, well partly anyway, they get everywhere and
won't stay put

There are many different kinds of crocosmia, and many beauties among
them. Hats off to Andrew for waiting to see what sort his are before
trying to get rid of them.

Janet.