Old 16-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Vicky

Default Nettle Manu aka I'm in Trouble!

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

The message
from "Vicky" contains these words:

Did my first batch of nettle manure. Today, I used it. The family hastily
vacated the garden and are still barely speaking to me beyond "You are NEVER
using that stuff again - EVER!" Although the wesbite warned that it was
likely to be a bit whiffy, I was unprepared. Furthermore, I'm sure said
site claims that the smell goes away pretty quickly. An hour later and it
still pongs.

Yes, it does pong when newly applied, but the results are worth
it.Patience! "Pretty quickly", means the pong wears off in a day, or two
at most.

As for the family..just work out a way to use your new-found power to
your advantage and all will be well next time. Such as "Would you rather
tidy your rooms/clean the oven, or help me decant the nettle manure?"

Janet.

I shall be using it late in the evening next time. Even my cat has been
giving me filthy looks - aha - the perfect solution to keeping her off
my newly dug bits of garden. And growbags. She dug up my broad beans
yesterday - howls of sympathy coming from all angles (not)!

Vicky