Old 16-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Tom Randy

Default Carptenter Bees

On Sun, 16 May 2004 00:34:34 +0000, Rose wrote:

They love my back roofed patio, I've killed at least 24-30 of them so
far this year. They are amazing to watch but they are very agressive if
you go after them so bee careful (Pun intended

They LOVE my back porch as well. Had a neighbor build it and its mostly wood.
Kind of ironic since the front porch is made of wood too but they prefer the
back. My mother is from the south and she says as long as you don't bother
them they won't bother you - which I have a hard time believing because they
are quite big!

BIG and LOUD! They sound like aircraft flying by!

If you have a wisteria bush or tree nearby be careful, they LOVE those.
I have one loaded with flowers this year and there must be several DOZEN
hovering around it.

Tom