Old 16-05-2004, 02:03 AM
GrlIntrpted

Default Growers that we trust

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message

In the case of the plant that Mariana posted about, I don't see how the
grower could've known about the bugs, since they apparently weren't

visible
without detaching the plant from the mount -- not something we routinely

do
with plants in bud or flower, since it tends to cause the flowers to fall
off ... but if Mariana complained to a reputable grower about them, she
would probably still get some compensation, probably a credit towards her
next order unless she wanted to return the plant for a full refund
[including return postage]. At least, that's what would happen if it came
from our place.

Kenni, I would like to stress that I did not post this as a complaint in any
fashion. I told my story because I wanted to point out that reputable
orchid vendors have flukes too . I absolutely love and adore this orchid
vendor and would buy from them again and again (besides, they carry really
cool stuff that others don't . I will drop them a note and inform them,
something that I have not thought about because sometime past already and
I've said nothing. But my note will not come in the form of a request, or a
demand for credit, I will just let them know perhaps this would alert them
to correct a potential disaster.

Best regards,
Mariana