Old 16-05-2004, 04:04 AM
nswong

Default Newbie question on tilling-whoops forgot the paste

Hi Mark,

This is why I said no-till will probably never be a large scale
commercial solution,

From what I read, some people are success in the large scale no-till.
The ways they apply are sound logical to me.

I feel, on a large commercial scale, there is a happy medium between

the
two practices with a lean towards machinery and away from mulching,

The mulch does not need to come from outside, it can be the residue
left over there by previous crop or cover crop mown down.

However like I also said, in our
large plots we "take the hit" and use tilling in the interest of

speed
and production but it is crystal clear in practice which is best but

we
dont have access to large quantities of slave labor to implement

no-till
on the whole.

Here we don't have slave as well. I'm planning to set up communities,
no-till do provide job for those that don't have much choice, this
will reduce crime that due to unemployment.

Regards,
Wong

--
Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m