Old 16-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Triffid Farmer

Default CO2 reactors / breweries.

Whilst looking for a better bottle / tub / barrel to build a new co2
reactor, I happened on a home brew shop.
I found the perfect 15 litre sealed barrel, which not only gives me a
massive co2 output, but is also easy to clean and maintain.

I decided the next step was to talk yeasts and sugar with the owner.

It got down to this.
Why bother using generic sugar and bread yeast when you can use a wheat beer
mix and German brewers yeast.
You still get your co2 dosing but you have a by product of quality home brew
rather than a bucket of beer smelling water!

It's a win win situation!

Not only are my plants growing like mad but I'm getting 12 litres ( 3.5
gallons?) of boutique beer to boot!

Has anyone else done this?

Now back to disposing of that excess aquarium co2 product.