Old 16-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Gregory Toomey

Default Need some easy hydroponic advice

Anne Hedden wrote:

Looking for any plants that are small, light, under 2 inches at full
height
that can be grown hydroponically in styrofoam. Smaller the better!

Not trading plants, just looking for any and all suggestions. I myself am
a complete hydroponic rookie, so don't hesitate to post anything that
would otherwise be obvious for a real gardening.

Thank you,
Prince Thrash

I suggest
- read "Hydroponics for Everyone" by Sutherlnd, available at most local
libraries
http://www.thegrowstore.com/hydroevery.shtml
- use "rockwool" instead of styrofoam. Rockwool is available at all
hydroponic stores and most large nurseries. Its a bit like fibreglass, is
light, cheap, and slirps up water.
- if you are using seeds,soak your seeds in water for 24 hours, then on top
of moist rock wool
- i have had no trouble growing small lettuce, asian vegetables(from
seedlings), coriander (from seed) using this method.
- in winter you may need a sheltered position with a northerly aspect. I
have had no trouble growing coriander from seed indoors near a window.
- I use a small amount of "miracle grow" in the water

gtoomey