Old 16-05-2004, 10:14 AM
John Edgar

Default OT Customers from hell

The problem is John, the assumption 'that it was all so much better in my
day'. Every generation does it and I'm sure the next generation will aswell.

Yes there are standards, they may be different from the standards that you
'think' you had, but isn't that to be expected.

p.s. Just take of those rose tinted spectacles and we'll all be happy.

John
In limine sapientiae

I certainly do not believe that things were better in my day. In fact
I am famous for using the expression " . . . in the bad old days."
Most things have become better, however we may interpret that word.
The point is that we have access to so much more information now,
which is great, and so we hear a lot more about everything. The
expression "no news is good news" must have the corollary that "news =
bad news," and that is what we particularly hear about. I think this
Daily Mirror business is a case in point. Maybe 30 years ago, a
"respectful" and subservient press with the proprietors gunning for
their peerages, would not have perpetrated such a stunt.

So, we now hear bad (made up) things about army goings-on, whereas in
the bad old days we might not have. Perhaps therein lies a problem.
Lets hear about both kinds of news, good as well as bad. Then I will
take off my rose coloured spectacles.
John
In limine sapientiae