Old 16-05-2004, 03:04 PM
doug houseman

Default Growers that we trust

I found an old screen box - nylon screen on all six sides that is about
3 feet on a side. I do not know what the original use was. It has a
nylon zipper on one side. I put new plants in the box and then take the
box into the greenhouse.

The trick is I also put a 1/2 cup of ladybugs out of the refrigerator in
the screen box with the plants. I leave everything that was for a week
or two.

I keep the ladybug population in the greenhouse high all winter. Since I
do not use ANY non-biological treatments in the greenhouse (I grow food
as well as orchids in the greenhouse). This is critical to the success
of both food and orchids.

I found the screen box at an army surplus store 3 or 4 years ago. It has
USMC on it.

Doug

In article 7SApc.29251$5a.11672@okepread03,
"wendy7" wrote:

Rob wrote:-
Never put a plant into your collection that you haven't
examined closely, and isolate all plants for at least two weeks before
introducing them to their new friends.

Rob this should be added to your rules. It is difficult to isolate new
plants in
the greenhouse unless one has lots of room. I have learned my lesson, as I
have
lost a lot of plants due to bugs unseen. I repot, soak & spray everything.