Old 16-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Osmocote

We all use different products to fertilize our trees. The one
universal
element is the need to determine the desired outcome for the

particular specimen
and to CONTROL the feeding.

In the world of fertilizer options, Osmocote is on the bottom

of my list.

I agree wholeheartedly. Bonsaiests MUST be control freaks or our
trees will get away from us.

We control where branches grow. We control how much room the
roots will have. We control whether and how much and how often
they bloom, we control everything about them.

One of the most important things, and the one we can most easily
control is WHEN we give nutrient to the trees and HOW MUCH we
give. This is impossible with Osmocoat and fertilizers of that
ilk.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++