Old 16-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Rez

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

In article , "Thomas" wrote:
It won't bother it. In fact, there is a school of thought that to increase
production of tomato flowers and fruits is to (literally) beat or flog the
plant. I have read of this many times, but not tried it. I've had plants
that have the main stalks split in half almost to the ground. They will
repair themselves and continue to produce.
you don't have to pamper your tomatoes.

My previous tenant had a habit of failing to water her garden. I'd
come over and here the poor young tomatoes were so wilted they were
flat on the ground. I'd water them and in literally 15 minutes they'd
be standing up again, leaves all crispy and none the worse for wear.
Despite this abuse, and being pruned once by sheep, they grew into
monstrous bushes and had lots of fruit. Tomatoes evidently are too
dumb to know when they're dead.

~REZ~