Old 16-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Stan Goodman

Default Leaf miners on pepper plants

Last year I had two varieties of peppers, Jalapeno and little, 1-1/2 cmlong
ones from seedlings that the nursery didn't have a name for; several of each
in containers. Both developed leaf miners. Through most of the season, I was
able to control them, more or less, by removing affected leaves; toward the
end of the season (in early December) I just gave up.

The little variety has grown back nicely in its containers, for the third
year. Yesterday I spotted a few leaves with tunnels, and removed them. The
Jalapenos were dead by year end, but this would have been their third year
too, so this was not unexpected. They, as well as Poblanos and a large chili
called on the envelope only "Thai", have been planted from fresh seedm in
fresh soil.

What to do about the leaf miners that would a) relieve me of the necessity
of destroying foliage, and b) not, if systemic, leave a poisonous compound
in the fruit?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.