Old 16-05-2004, 05:18 PM
Henry

Default Pull Starting.

the initial pulls must wind up a coil spring, sounds very good, mowers
should have them.

"Brian" wrote in message
I have absolutely no intention of being controversial, bigoted or
sexist~~ please believe. I have great respect for all lady gardeners.
Quite simply; is it possible for a normal[whatever that means!] lady

pull-start any garden machinery?.
With the best of intentions and expectations I have seen many try but
none succeed~~ unless I have only seen the failures.
Locally, a couple of, very able and knowledgeable, ladies started a

nursery
and before they migrated to larger motors with self starters used to

whistle
for the village idiot, when their machines stalled mid-field! Hence I got
exercise and calluses!!
They would even re-fuel without stopping the engines!
This week, however, I saw a girl using a very powerful, heavy duty,
electric strimmer around the banks [hedges] of a field. Cutting old

brambles
and nettles with ease. She had a generator in wheelbarrow that had a pull
start but could be pulled 3 or 4 times very gently and then released to
start by lifting a catch.
I have never seen this system before. Was most impressed.
Regards, respect and best wishes. Brian.'flayb' to respond.