Old 16-05-2004, 06:06 PM
Katra

Default Damaged tomato plant survival/production?

In article . net,
(Rez) wrote:

In article fc.003d094101c5b4513b9aca002e8c3c27.1c5b479@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:
writes:
I grow a lot of heirlooms some of which can be seen on my 2002 web page
(*very* outdated with the last entries made in August of 2002, lazy
webmaster here g). Scroll all the way to the bottom for thumbnails of
larger images of signs for friends who sell tomato plants.

Since you evidently know varieties -- what types of tomatos have
fairly solid flesh, relatively free of "tomato snot" yet without
those woody-textured areas some fleshy tomatos have?? For eating
raw, I like the flesh firm but not woody (and preferably not too
acidic) but can't stand the gooey stuff around the seeds.

~REZ~

Ever tried golden tomatoes?
They tend to be less acidic.

If you want less "snot", grow Romas. :-)
Plum tomatoes are pretty fleshy too, and OH so sweet.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...