Old 16-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Katra

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article . net,
(Rez) wrote:

In article , Linda Barsalou
wrote:
The mice kept getting into stuff in our garage. After
getting a couple with a regular trap they got too smart and
avoided them, so I tried a water trap and it worked very
well.

Another method I forgot about that works and will absolutely prevent
escapes, is to take a 5 gallon bucket with a lid, fill it half to
2/3rds full of water, put a rat-sized hole in the lid, then smear
peanut butter or molasses on the inside of the lid near the edge, so
they have to really reach for it and lose their grip on the edge of
the hole, thus fall in and drown.

I probably drowned a couple hundred rats just in an open bucket one
year, and it wasn't even the only water around, just somewhere
curious rats liked to snoop in. Evidently they never get wise to it.

~REZ~

Oh, I LIKE this! :-)

I need to go and get some buckets with lids!!!!!!

Thanks!
K. (who is really going to try this one right away!)

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...