Old 16-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Kelly

Default When to put bonsai outside?

Hello all,

I have a willow leafed fig bonsai tree and I live in southern Ontario
Canada. It is springtime here, with temperatures warm during the day. I
have been putting my fig outside during the day in the warm sun (which would
probably be too hot during mid summer). The temperature could probably go
to 5 degrees celsius at night time, so I have been bringing it inside. Is
this unnecessary? Can it handle the chilly temperatures?

Also, during the summer when it is very hot, where is a good spot for it?
Obviously not in full sun all day, but shade would be bad too. Any tips?

Thank you,
Kelly