Old 16-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Jeffrey C. Dege

Default a vote for Dubaya Bush is a vote for WWIII

On 16 May 2004 17:51:18 GMT, Damned Liberal wrote:
(Jeffrey C. Dege) wrote in
:

On 16 May 2004 17:33:40 GMT, Damned Liberal
wrote:

Where are the WMDs?

Being trucked into Jordan from Syria in multi-ton lots, by al Qaeda
operatives.

Haven't you been paying any attention at all?

I guess American's knowledge of geography really is that bad.

Are you saying that the geography of the area prevents material from
being trucked from Iraq to Syria or from Syria to Jordan?

Why else would we invade the wrong country?
oh yeah, oil.

If Iraq hadn't had oil, Saddam wouldn't have had been the threat that
he was. So oil certainly has some bearing on the issue.

But if you're trying to pretend that we're going to make a profit off
of this by selling off Iraqi oil - it's a farcical claim.

--
[Liberty] is a modest and even humble creed, based on a low opinion of
men's wisdom and capacities and aware that, withing the range for which
we can plan, even the best society will not satisfy all our desires.
It is as remote from perfectionism as it is from the hurry and impatience
of the passionate reformer, whose indignation about particular evils
so often blinds him to the harm and injustice that the realization of
his plans is likely to produce. Ambition, impatience, and hurry are
often admirable in individuals; but they are pernicious if they guide
the power of coercion and if improvement depends on those who, when
authority is conferred on them, assume that in their authority lies
superior wisdom and thus the right to impose their beliefs on others.
I hope our generation may have learned that it has been perfectionism of
one kind or another that has often destroyed whatever degree of decency
societies have achieved. With more limited objectives, more patience,
and more humility, we may in fact advance further and faster than we have
done while under the guidance of "a proud and most presumptive confidence
in the transcendent wisdom of this age, and in its discernment."
- F.A. Hayek, "The Constitution of Liberty"