Old 16-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Growing poppies legal?

You may be more naive than you think.

The California Poppy is endemic to the west coast and is a very popular
ornamental garden plant there. I have seen many miles of it growing along
the highways.

"Starlord" wrote in message
I saw a photo from a trip to WDC and around some of the groverment
building, that very same flower was growing and blooming like mad. The
trip the guy took was last year, so I have to wonder if they are there
this year or not.

The Calif. poppy in navie to the west cost and not very useable.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"The Independent" wrote in message
The only poppy that is illegal that I know of is the species
Papaveraceae, Papaver Somniferum L. native to southeastern Europe

and
western Asia.

---