Old 16-05-2004, 09:06 PM
P.J. Bloodworth

Default opening flower :-)

Hi Joanna,

I was just wondering if you knew why your flower buds were blasting. I had
this problem until I realized that my unvented propane heater, though
supposedly "99.9% efficient," was still probaly releasing enough ethylene
gas to cause flowers to blast or drop during the heating season. Ever since
I yanked that thing out, everything has been doing very well.

Jeff

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
My cochleanthes is opening its flower.

My cochleathes is opening its flower!

My cochleanthes is opening its flower!! Woohoo! :-)

After teasing me with bud after bud since November, none of which opened,
all of which blasted, until now. I am very excited. I may even be willing

forgive its past behavior.

Joanna